• Home
  • UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE EXPO

UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE EXPO

The Ministry of Health hosted a Universal Health Coverage exhibition and conference in Kericho County as a precursor for the Mashujaa Day celebrations. Themed Universal Health Coverage, Afya Nyumbani, the week-long expo attracted more than 700 participants from the health sector and was officially opened by Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua.

The MSEA North Rift team led by CPA Alton Kogo led the Authority’s participation, offering support to MSEs, particularly those involved in the production of alternative medicine. MSEA has registered numerous Herbalist Associations in Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, and other regions nationwide. Additionally, the Authority is committed to fostering the growth of honey value chains in various parts of the country as part of promoting the integration of organic products in everyday living.

Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua, Health Cabinet Secretary Susan Nakhumicha and MSEs at the Ministry pavilion at the Universal Health Coverage exhibition in Kericho

The event spotlighted the pivotal role of Primary Health Care (PHC) in realizing Universal Health Coverage (UHC), with a specific focus on promotive and preventive services, alongside community-centered care. Additionally, it served as a showcase for the remarkable capacities of the local manufacturing sector, emphasizing the production of a diverse array of health products.

The government has in the recent past emphasized the need for local manufacturing as a key intervention in ensuring access to affordable healthcare by citizens and at the same time to attain Universal Health Care.

MSEA Kericho head Michelle Aburilli addressing attendees at the expo alongside some exhibitors

On the sidelines of the Universal Health Coverage exhibition in Kapkatet stadium, the Ministry of Cooperatives and MSMEs Development organized the Kericho Cooperatives and MSMEs Expo at the Moi gardens in Kericho town. This expo was part of the activities supporting MSEs ahead of Mashujaa Day celebrations.

The expo was officiated by Kericho County Governor Hon. Dr Eric Mutai representing the Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Co-operatives and MSMEs Development Hon. Simon Chelugui.

Kericho County Governor Hon. Dr Eric Mutai Commissioning the Kericho Biashara Sacco Society Limited

MSEA supported ten MSEs in milk value addition, metal fabrication, ICT, and textiles to exhibit at the Expo. Among the exhibitors was the Rusikebei Dairy Cooperative Society, an association located at the Londiani CIDC. This cooperative plays a crucial role in collecting and marketing milk from dairy farmers in Londiani town and its surrounding areas, supplying to both Brookside and the KCC factory in Molo Town. With 6000 registered members, the society processes approximately 4000 liters of milk daily, with 90% sold to KCC and the remaining 10% utilized for yoghurt and Mala production. The yoghurt and Mala, branded as Yogo Imara, have received certification from KEBS.  

Rusikebei Dairy Cooperative members led by Kenn Cheruiyot showcasing their select yoghurt products.

The Expo also doubled up as the commissioning of the Kericho Biashara Sacco Society Limited, officiated by the Kericho County Governor.

Skip to content