Ministry of Industry, Trade and Enterprise Development
Authority is under the State Department for Trade, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Enterprise Development.
The mandate of the Ministry is to promote Industrialization and Enterprise Development through:
- Industrialization and Cooperative Policy formulation and implementation;
- Implementation of the Industrial Property Rights regime;
- Private Sector Development Policy and Strategy;
- Quality Control including Industrial Standards development;
- Co-operative Savings, Credit and other Financial Services Policy and regulation;
- Development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and Buy Kenya policy.